Strikeout looking

Mitch29 on April 19, 2012, 05:07 pm

I have taken a quick look at some of the other topics and throughout the site and I did not notice an answer to how you would denote a strikeout looking. I understand that an unfilled dot/circle seems to be a strike looking, and if it is the 3rd we can assume K looking, but how would you do write this aside from an actual backwards K. I'm thinking in terms of a computer maybe KL (strikeout looking)?

Perhaps I missed something, I just stumbled onto your site and I would like to learn more about this, but I was hoping there was a quick answer.


Alex Reisner on April 21, 2012, 01:24 am

Backwards K is the way to go. Not all symbols can be typed on the computer. In case you're curious, retrosheet play-by-play logs record a called third strike "K/C".

on May 11, 2013, 10:05 pm

Another convention I have seen used quite a bit is this: K = strike out (called or unknown), Ks = strike out swinging.

Log in or register to post a response

Copyright © 2009-24 Alex Reisner | contact